Here are the benefits of riding ferries:
1. Ferries are cheaper. Although, prices do depend on where you plan on traveling to, and how many of you are going. However, it is easier to find much more situations where traveling by ferry is cheaper than going by airplane, car or any other means of transportation.
2. You get to have more wonderful sightseeing. When you travel by ferry, you get to see parts of the world that are impossible to find when traveling by air or land, especially if the country you are in has a large number of islands and a beautiful coastline.
3. You will have no problem with the amount of luggage you bring, unlike airports, where you’re required to control the amount of luggage you intend to bring with you, due to the restricted baggage limit allowed per person. On ferries, you can just pack everything you want to bring without having to worry about baggage limits. Your suitcases will not be weighed. As long as you can take care of your belongings, you can bring it on board. If you’re bringing your car with you, you can just toss all your suitcases in it, leave them there, and enjoy the ride plus the spectacular view. You just have to make sure that your car is locked.
4. You won’t have to worry about your bags getting lost. There have been several cases with different airlines where they lose your luggage. For every flight, it is said to be that every passenger has a 97% chance that their suitcases will arrive at the same time and place as them. For example, the British Airways, despite being one of the best, most luxurious and service-friendly airlines, is also one the best in baggage losses with an appalling record of 18 bags per 1,000. This is a problem that you won’t need to stress about when riding on a ferry, because a ferry service allows you to handle your own luggage, so that you know exactly where they are and chances of losing your belongings is close to none.
5. You can take your respective vehicle with you. Depending on the ferry service, they offer services where passengers can bring their car along. This is an advantage when you arrive at your destination, because then you won’t be struggling to find available transport, or yelling over the phone at a car service because the car you hired hasn’t arrived yet.
6. Ferries reduce pollution. Vehicles are turned off while on a ferry, so the only pollution being generated is the one from the ferry boat itself, compared to the fumes coming from numerous cars on a highway. This is also healthy for people as riding a ferry boat also reduces their health risk to pollution.
7. Ferries are convenient. Passengers don’t have to experience traffic, angry drivers and road accidents, and the travel time traveling on water is shorter than going on land.
8. Passengers can relax. Riding on a ferry boat allows travellers to relax, and they don’t even have to be confined to their chair, even during departure and arrival, unlike airline regulations strictly impose on people. Passengers have the luxury of walking around, taking pictures, and they can even avail of the many facilities that their ferry service offers, like restaurants, internet cafes, cinemas, entertainment rooms, and many more. Overnight travels on ferries even offer cabins for passengers to be able to lie down and have a good night’s sleep.
Traveling by ferry boats is a wonderful adventure. You can even have first class services at a reasonable, cheaper price!